Personal Statment

Personal statment 

From an extreamley young age Ive always had a passion in Performing arts. I loved entertaining an  audiences in many  artistic forms wether that be Dancing , Singing Or Acting.
Self teaching myself to dance from a young age in order to perform in front of people and hearing their reactions really gave me confidence despite being shy in my early stages.

At the age of six I started to attend the Young Actors Theatre (YATI) every Saturday in Angel, Islington.
I did a lot of work shops and productions over the summer at YATI like dance workshops in which I played a part in the production of Bugsy Malone . By the age of nine I was called to audition for the agency and got in. Ive always loved movies but I  never saw acting as a career to pursue until I got into the agency and saw it first hand with all the auditions . I also didn’t want to be an actor until  I worked with Simon Pegg on set  in the film A Fantastic Fear Of Everything. The experiance and achievement at such a young age made me very confident and ambitious.

Dancing came secondary to my acting in which I went from self taught to taking classes at YATI and later Zoo Nation Dance Company. Dancing in front of ppl at parties , discos , talent shows and on stage in theatres  gave me a feeling of self worth after hearing the applauds and excitement in the audience who would always give so much love and support. The energy and love was contagious boosting me with over confidence and strive to do this for life. 

I auditioned for the role of the young Micheal Jackson in the West End production Thriller Live in which I got into the school and we trained for 12 weeks in singing and dancing at the same time. Unfortunately by the en of the 12 weeks leading to the final audition my voice broke .
Ive performed in every school production dating back to the Nativity in primary school.
I remember the parents at my end of year 6 production in primary school saying I was going to be some big star and my performance was phanominal. 
In secondary school I took part in productions like Greese and The Wiz. 

At college I played the role of Mercutio in the Shakespeare play Romeo and Juliet.
I also played the role of Kulygin in the play Three Sisters. Playing both roles I had a good stage presence  to make sure every performance was dramatic and  memorable. 

 Ive received feedback from my class mates who I which said I’m a  good team player because I always bring bright and  original ideas as I’m very creative. I support other peoples ideas by listening to them and giving them more ideas to add on to theirs. My peers at college have said I’m  respectful of others and a good leader when it comes to directing a piece. 

Ive had the pleasure to have received a lot professional work by my Agency at YATI  and perform on set in front of cameras in short films and the Blu Magic music video by ILL BLU  directed by Reggie Yates. 


I find acting a fascinating art form and have grown a passion for it as well as  be inspired by the work I’ve carried out over the years. Despite having other interest to pursue in the industry like music , acting is indeed a strength in which I’ve been training to do from a young age. Performing in general in art form is something I’ve been trained to do and pursue and I think it would be a waist to give that up for something not involved in the entertainment industry. This is why I feel I’m a very serious  candidate  and further educating myself in the arts could lead me on the path to greatness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research

unit 8

Is it necessary to become a triple threat in the acting industry.